1. Do you keep a back up of pictures?
- Yes. Raijin Photo keeps raw .nef files backed up for up to a year(sometimes varies according to storage space); however, Smug Mug keeps the .jpg files for longer.
2. What is lustre, glossy and metallic print?
- Lustre: Lustre is a premium finish on a heavier paper. It offers the vibrant colors of glossy with the fingerprint-resistant finish of matte. Glossy: Glossy is a shiny finish and prints appear brighter than Matte. Metallic: Rich, distinctive metallic look with a huge WOW! factor.
3. Which finish do you recommend?
- Most often I recommend lustre print because it gives the look of a matte finish but is resistant to getting dirty. Glossy prints are also great because they make the ocean appear brilliant.
4. What size do you recommend?
- I recommend 4x6 or 8x12 as opposed to 5x7 or 8x10; the reason being is that with 5x7,8x10 you will lose part of the picture during the cropping process(due to the Nikon DX format I use). When a picture is taken in my camera, one of the usual formats is 3:2.
5. What is the maximum size you recommend for print, canvas, etc.?
- 20x30. Bigger than that might come out more pixelated than expected.
6. What is a great gift for some one?
- 8x12, 16x24 or 20x30 Giclee Canvas. They are fantastic views of a moment caught in time(sizes bigger than 8x12 are only available for pictures taken 10-12-2011 and after)